Pages

DIY Valentine's Day Surprise


Valentine's Day Surprise


Heyy lovelies I hope you had an amazing Valentines Day! I surprised my boyfriend with a homemade candle-lit dinner and a sentimental gift stating reasons why I love him! I know Valentine's Day has passed, but if you guys need an idea for next Valentine's Day or any other special event, hopefully this will help!

DIY Valentine's Day Surprise


Materials Needed:
1) Flower petals
 These you can find at any florist or grocery store I believe, I found mine in my local super market near the balloon section. I'm not too sure if it was a valentine's day special, but it was a lot cheaper than buying a dozen roses.
2) Tea candles 
For the candles I bought 2 50-pack tea candles from Walmart. I believe they were around $2.50. 
3)Sharpie (Metallic or Copper) /Paper/Scissors
For the "Will you be.." cut outs I just used a sharpie I had on hand, any color will do. Then, I cut them out into a cloud shape, but you can cut them out into any shape you want.
4)Balloons (optional)
5) Starbucks Frappuccino Bottles or any "glass bottle"
6) Tape
7) Red and White Ribbon 

Heart Shaped Candles:

First, place your "Will you be" cut outs to a position where you like and scatter the flower petals around. Depending on how big you are planning to make your heart, scatter your petals confined to the space within the area where you would expect the heart shape. Then, you can start placing your candles in a heart shape. I started from the bottom, because I thought it would be easier since you can constantly check the symmetry of your heart. Also, I suggest, placing more candles down than a few, because the light from the candles will overlap in the dark to produce a better shape. Place a few candles down and check both sides. It may help to take a picture from a bird's eye view to check how the heart is forming. The hardest part for me was the top part of the heart to make sure it was somewhat identical. Then, I placed the "love message in a bottle" bottles above the heart.

"Love Message in a Bottle"

To make the "Love Message in a Bottle" you need a clear bottle, I used the Starbucks Frappuccino Bottles and took off the labels. I used 5 bottles but you can use as many as you like. To make the outside, I basically cut paper hearts and used red/pink pens to write 1,2,3,4,5 and decorated with hearts. You can attach the heart to the bottle with tape, or if the sticky layer of the label is still there, it will just stick on. For the bottle caps, I wanted to cover the Starbucks symbol so I cut out paper circles and decorated it with hearts in pink/red pen. Inside the bottle, I made "5 things I love about you" notes, where I stated a reason for why I love my boyfriend. For the paper size, it depends on your bottle length so just cut accordingly. Then, I rolled the paper and taped it so it wouldn't unravel. I used 1 red string and 2 white strings to tie around the note. Then, I placed it in the bottle and capped it. The balloons are optional, but I thought it added a nice touch. Originally, I wanted the latex balloons tied to the other bottles however they deflated since I bought them the day before. So I just scattered them behind the bottles. 

Hope this gives you an idea for next valentines day or any other special event where you just want to tell your significant other how much they mean to you!


Additional Pictures of the Event/ My Valentine's Day







No comments:

Post a Comment