Pages

Daily Life Memoir: So Crêpe


Daily Life Memoir: So Crêpe

Some of my friends and I went to go out to celebrate my friend's 21st birthday! She wanted crepes so we decided to go to So Crêpe which is located on 1506 South Street, Philadelphia. So Crêpe has a variety of sweet and savory crêpes. The savory crêpes that we ordered were the "so smoked" and "so riviera. The sweet crêpes were the "so chocolate"and "so washington".

So smoked savory crepe
The "so smoked" crêpe consisted of smoked salmon, avocado, sour cream and chives. The crêpe batter for savory crêpes had a different texture than the sweet crêpes. It was more firm than loose. The sour cream really balanced the smoked salmon. Overall, this dish is perfect for those who like smoked salmon.

So riviera savory crepe
The "so riviera" crêpe consisted of sauteed shrimps with caramelized walnuts, fresh spinach, balsamic vinaigrette, and shaved parmesan. Personally, I think the shrimp made this dish but I wish they provided more shrimp and less spinach. 
So washington crepe
The "so washington" crêpe consisted of caramelized apples and a side of vanilla ice cream. This is perfect for those who like apple pie because it really reminded me of it!
So chocolate crepe
For the "so chocolate" crêpe you can choose between chocolate sauce and nutella with a choice of fruit.  We decided to chose the chocolate sauce which seemed to be dark chocolate with mangos. The combination was very unique but it is a good combo for those who like mangos.

Sparkling Apple Cider
We each ordered sparkling apple cider; it was the first time I tried it and I loved it!

Overall Review:

So Crêpe is a more high end crêpe restaurant, so expect their crêpes to be priced a little higher than average. However, this is also due to the higher quality of ingredients. The one thing that is overpriced is definitely their drinks. The sparkling apple cider was $3.00 for one glass and honestly it didn't last that long. So I would stay away from purchasing the specialty drinks especially if your parched. I wouldn't go here on an empty stomach and expect to be full by the time you leave. It is a crêpe so I would take it as a snack even if you do order a savory crêpe. To point out, the atmosphere of the restaurant was very nice. It was semi-trendy but homey. 

Would I go here again? 
Personally I'm not too head over heels for crêpes in general but if I do have a craving for crêpes then yes, I would come again. 

Make Up Of The Day: 

Of course we can't get forget about the make up:
Eyes: URBAN DECAY Naked 3, FACEit eyeliner
Lips: KatVonD Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita
Face: CC Cream 


No comments:

Post a Comment